Sunday, January 29, 2006

High as a kite

I had a great day procrastinating my studies! After sleeping in later than I had intended boyfriend and I walked Vince with friends of his, which took an hour and a half but we all enjoyed our outing. It was a beautiful day of sunshine and relatively warm temperatures (-4 C) for January.

Once we got home I had about 30 minutes to regroup for my afternoon skating session with Ms. D. We decided to head to the lake where the pond hockey tournament is to be held. I boiled some water and packed the marshmallows for hot chocolate after our skate. We were on the ice for over an hour and we each took a spill although Ms. D. caught some serious air where you could see the transition point from moving up and then pausing briefly before the crash! I'm surprised she didn't get whiplash from that maneuver! My fall was much less exciting.

We skated up and down the length of the ice and actually worked on our weak areas of skating (there are several!). Once we had had enough we wandered back to the car to warm up with the hot chocolate for four (we were expecting CJ and CJ Jr.) which we thought we should drink the WHOLE thing. And by drinking hot chocolate I do mean pouring just enough hot chocolate over a mountain of marshmallows to moisten them. The skaters retiring to their vehicles stared at us as if we were having a tailgate party in the sunfire. We did get giddy and suffered a sugar high from which we crashed 15 minutes later.

I decided after our sugar withdrawl that I had better shower before dinner with the in-laws since I hadn't seen the working end of a shower head since Friday morning, possibly Thursday morning. Eeeeek!

Mmmmm, I smell good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home