Friday, December 02, 2005

Almost did it again

I almost peed in the dog park again. I must I must I must stop drinking coffee immediately before venturing out for a stroll with mon chien. Silly silly me!

Anyhow, I may be working in another small town a day or so per week. There is a community about 40-45 minutes from here that has no massage therapist and has a surrounding area that could probably employ a full time therapist. There are about five physicians in the area that have been practically begging for a therapist to go there with no luck...until now! My intent is to get it started, build it up a bit and then hire someone to work into the schedule. Cross your fingers I can find someone willing to travel!

This all comes at a very good time as the city I live in and currently work in is completely saturated with massage therapists so it's like beating a dead horse trying to flourish here. Don't get me wrong, you can do quite well but you have to be quite flexible for your clients' schedules.

It's funny how things always seem to work out. I have spent the past several months stressed over my business since my office mate left in the spring. I had many moments where I felt desperate and doomed even though I knew things would turn around and they are. Keep the faith!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bridget M. said...

Yay! Because no one wants a stressed-out massage therapist. If I ever make it back to the East coast (been trying for years now) I'm looking you up! Keeping the faith for you!

Friday, December 02, 2005 7:16:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Running a small business can be way too much work. I love your idea of securing the market and then hiring someone to work it for you. Soon there will be Kiki Massage Therapy branches all over North America.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 12:20:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home