Friday, November 25, 2005

Loooooooooooooong weekend ahead

Not the holiday kind either! I am heading to my hometown for a family wedding tomorrow evening. Tonight is the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner/party which my mother and I promised to help with so I have to bolt out of town immediately following work.

I have a big fat knot in my stomach because my father hasn't really been terribly excited about boyfriend's presence for quite sometime. We broke up a year and a half ago but worked through things and are actually better off because of the split. Unfortunately, my father, and one of my friends, is not onboard. I'm not terribly forthcoming with the intimate details of my relationship nor do I feel I have to be, I don't feel I need to verbally convince people of our happiness. If people in doubt were to spend time with boyfriend and I they would realize we are actually very loving and very happy together. Actions speak louder than words.

Anyway, that being said, I'm hoping that this weekend goes uneventfully to say the least. My father is a grown child and I am praying he doesn't act like a child and make this very uncomfortable. Pray with me now...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I wish you luck.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 1:52:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home