Thursday, February 16, 2006

Complaints and Compliments

Today has been a day where I have been extremely impressed by customer service and then utterly let down...hard.

Yesterday I purchased a new USB cord for my camera (expect puppy pictures again!) and a 512 MB memory thingy. The man who sold it to me was so great, he was friendly and chatty and ever so helpful. Today I had to return to the store because the card wouldn't work in my camera...my camera is TOO OLD! He fiddle and consulted his coworkers and they figured out that my one year old camera needed an upgrade. No problem. They instructed me how to do it and told me to come back if it didn't work and they would help me. Great. I will have to take them up on this :)

This evening I had great intentions of lounging in my estate of solitude with the company of my friend TV. As you know, the people I'm housesitting for are in Haiti (with boyfriend). They have Skype on their computer, which we use to communicate. I sat down and within 5 minutes I get a message from the Mama of my little resort,
"We need a favour!"
"No problem!" says I eager to please.
"The people returning this weekend have to change their flights as American Airlines cancelled flights to/from Haiti and therefore need their Air Canada tickets changed."
"No problem!" says I eager to please.

I search Air Canada's website for a phone number that will connect me to a human! Imagine, speaking to a human to change tickets!!! I called a random number and asked to be transferred to the appropriate department...with humans nonetheless. Aha, such a place does exist but you must wait in caller purgatory called "hold" for 15 minutes.

A lovely service agent assisted me for the 45 minutes it took to make all the appropriate changes. She said it "was a mess" due to the travel agent that made the arrangements. Great. All in all it was a lovely experience. Four people flying to *here* on Monday and one to Bathurst. Awesome, goodbye.

Five minutes later the e-ticket arrives in my inbox and has everyone booked for Tuesday!!!! Not MONDAY but TUESDAY. I call back. Agent #2 and I have a very circular conversation and I ask for a supervisor for Agent #1 to sort out our problem. Blah blah... Said supervisor, who I had to call back because they were unable to get her, tells me.... *motherfucker*

"I'm not sure where the problem lies, I was not privy to the conversation."

And then, and this is my FAVOURITE!

"Well, I can't just order in another plane."

Asshole.

Do not fly AIR CANADA. Bad bad bad bad bad. Try a hot air balloon, try DaVinci's wing thing invention, I don't care, DO NOT fly Air Canada.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bridget M. said...

Yes, their customer service sucks and they get away with murder. Too bad they're the cheapest airfare in the country. I have had the worst flights with them-crappy service, bitchy attendants too busy flirting with the men to give me a hand with my two small kids. Grrrrr.

Hope your friends can find a hot air balloon!

Friday, February 17, 2006 1:25:00 pm  
Blogger Angela said...

I'm with you on AC. I've flown with them plenty and there is ALWAYS a story! I have found West Jet and Can Jet both very impressive and problem free.

I know that AC is cheap, but that is only because Tango is a ripoff from WJ. I refuse to give them any more of my business unless there is no alternative for where I wish to fly.

Friday, February 17, 2006 7:03:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home