Thursday, November 03, 2005

Destination Landfill


My deck has been overrun with my recycling items. I keep forgetting to put it out for curbside pick-up or it's too rainy or too windy and I deliberately don't put it out leading to a large collection of plastics and paper on my deck. I usually will drive it out to a place with collection bins but it's about a 20 minute drive from here, but alas, I have discovered our local landfill site also has said bins. How exciting!? I realize I'm probably alone in this joyous moment but recycling excites me...a lot.

Speaking of waste, I seem to have an unusually significant number of empty Oh Henry, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Twix, and Coffee Crisp bars (the mini ones) wrappers in my trash. In fact, yesterday that list constituted my lunch. Calorie counting is not going well but my tastebuds are happy!

Oh, by the way, if you suddenly stop hearing from me, it's because my apartment building blew up. There seems to be a bit of a problem with the oil furnace causing a very strong oil odor in all our apartment units. Oooo, I see pretty colours...

4 Comments:

Blogger Gia said...

I am going to tie you up, only leaving your fingers free and you are going to write with me. Because every time I come on here, I laugh and some kind of food that stains slobs out of my mouth onto my pants. I'll wear coveralls.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 11:48:00 am  
Blogger Vince said...

See, I just don't find me that funny save the Smart Car comment, that was funny.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 11:51:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty colors, eh? Maybe you ate some spiked candy!

Thursday, November 03, 2005 12:39:00 pm  
Blogger Gia said...

Your last line Ooooo, "i see pretty colours" had me staining my pants.
You're funny my friend (to laugh with - not at)

Thursday, November 03, 2005 9:07:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home