Sunday, September 11, 2005

The shine wears off

My excellently behaved puppy is transforming into a normal puppy. He chews on stuff (refer to an earlier post re: my thong) other than his designated allotment of toys although they are plenty, he pees on the floor if he hasn't received the appropriate amount of attention for that 24 hour span, he chases Owen and puts his head into his mouth making death-by-neck-snapping a possibility, and so on. I'm tired of doggy training. Is there anyway to wake up one morning and he's all trained and well behaved? At 12 months will he just be a calm, cool, and collected beast?

I do realize most of his behavior is my fault. I shouldn't leave things in his reach if I expect them not to be puppy snack, I should designate and plan for extra attention in spite of my (our) busy schedule(s), I should install special dog repellent laser beams on Owen's head...

I still think he's the best dog ever! Perhaps I'll be taught patience by the time he graduates from puppihood.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ms. D is right! Stick with it. All the training you put in now will pay off tenfold later.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:08:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home