Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Where did April go?

I cannot quite believe it's May. April positively flew by and I expect May to do the same. My course for this month has been cancelled due to low enrollment and I'm not disappointment in the least! I marvel at how I have so much more time available yet the days still seem to fly by without feeling as though I have any time to spare.

This past weekend I was working in my hometown and getting the family update and bi-monthly visits done! My great aunt had been taken to the hospital by ambulance on Thursday with what was thought to be a flu but turned out to be kidney failure due to diabetes. She's been quite sick for a long time now but manages to truck along. She was in the hospital here until Saturday when they transported her to the bigger more efficient hospital an hour from here. I was designated as the first shift of family to hang out with her as this is her first hospital stay, ever.

I slept in a reclining chair which caused my butt to go numb every which way I repositioned! By morning I was cranky only having a couple of hours of sleep. I called my parents to find out when they would be relieving me of my LONG shift. "Oh my God Mum, if the kidney failure doesn't kill her, I might." She had been rather cranky herself most of Sunday, with good reason!

Anywho, she's having dialysis in hopes her kidneys will start functioning again but it really is anyone's guess whether they will or not. The whole ordeal made me stop and be thankful of where I come from. No matter where you are the family is always right there for you whether you want them to be or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home