Monday, September 26, 2005

My Job

I touch people for a living and get paid to do so. No no, not like that. I'm a massage therapist. No no, it's not like that. I'm the real registered kind that doctors refer you to for treatment. I realized today while touching a perfect stranger that I was indeed "rubbing" the back of someone I had met 10 minutes prior to my laying on of hands. I probably know more intimate details about strangers than their families know about them.

I had one client today tell me she was pregnant and that I was only person (besides the father) in the whole city that knew.

I have had clients tell me about their affairs, the bad credit ratings, their dead-beat-dad ex-husbands, their alcoholic aunts, their kitten's pecker, their kids' bowel movements. I see their wedding pictures, I see their vacation pictures, I get emails and cards from them, it goes on for days. All because I touch people for money. It's so much fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

you're a secret crypt.

:)

Monday, September 26, 2005 11:15:00 pm  
Blogger Gia said...

IT WAS ME. I told her about my kid's pooping. But that's okay, because Kiki understands. She's an undercover therapist.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:19:00 pm  
Blogger Vince said...

I love talking about poop. It's probably quite abnormal really (the amount I talk about it not my poop, ahhhh, probably that too).

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 10:03:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home