Saturday, September 17, 2005

Long lost friend

I reunited this afternoon with a friend I haven't seen for several years. I did not realize how much I missed her until I saw her. We spent three hours at her sister's house to see her and her fiance off to California and we picked right up where we left off, aside from filling in the blanks which there were lots! She would says things like, "when I was training for the marathon...oh, yeah, I ran a marathon." As she was describing her favourite soup to her grandmother she throws in, "oh, I'm a vegetarian now...and I gave up dairy." It was odd to hear her spout out all these new things about her but it was honestly like she had never left. Aside from her eating and exercise changes she was just the same ole gal!!!

I'm always telling stories of our hay days: the time we ate a whole Greco party pizza between the two of us, the time we did hash blades off the kitchen stove, the time we jumped of "the Cliff" naked and within eyeshot of the highway, the time we sang Roxette songs so loud we entertained her ailing neighbour all evening long. It goes on and on and on. It was a great afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gia said...

That sounds like so much fun Kiki! It's so great when re-clicking is so... so... right?!

Sunday, September 18, 2005 12:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home